Much of the therapy provided through Northland Counseling Center’s International Falls office is delivered individually. That is, once an initial Diagnostic Assessment is completed and treatment plan developed, an individual client (child, adolescent, or adult) meets with the clinician, alone, to address the identified problem and to work collaboratively toward achieving the client’s goals. A variety of therapeutic approaches are available, depending on the client’s needs and therapist’s experience.
Some of the most common include:
- Play Therapy (for children);
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT),
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT),
- Interpersonal and Interpersonal Reconstructive Therapy;
- Brief-Solution Focused Therapy;
- Gestalt Therapy;
- Client Centered Therapy; as well as more eclectic approaches, combining several different therapeutic approaches (please inquire if you are interested in a type of therapy not listed here). Sessions generally are scheduled weekly or every-other-week and last from 25 minutes to 50 minutes, depending on the client’s needs.
Clinicians providing individual therapy, at Northland Counseling Center, strive to be sensitive and understanding, while joining with the client to ensure that life-interfering issues are addressed and timely progress is made…